Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Class Review! -Cristy

Hey it's Cristy, I was looking over the blog for old time's sake. (even though I still can't believe it's over!) and I realized I never got to hand in my class critique that I wrote...so I will blog what I remember of it now. First of all, thanks to Mr. Lazarow for an exciting and interesting class that really woke me up in the morning and left me questioning reality for the rest of the day. I agree that I did not feel that I got too much use out of the Toulmin Sentence and that maybe if we started it earlier in the year I would have gotten a chance to be more comfortable working with it. I really did enjoy the literature we read, and analyzing it afterwards in class. I loved the witch hunt game and I thought the day where we acted as a different personality type was amazing! I think it would be great to incorporate those games into the class next year and maybe add another one!
Hayakawa was amazing and I know that we have all come to love and revere his name. :) It helps so much with rhetorical analysis, and I don't know how I went so long without focusing more on it. I guess the only things I think could be different are #1 I didn't feel like I really knew were I stood grade wise and #2 that I don't think 1 week was really enough time to finish the term paper. Because 5 of the days are school days with lots of other work,(which can slow the whole process down) and then it might take a bit of time to get it checked etc.
But I really did enjoy the class. The random tangents, the heated arguments, the quote game! hahaha. Okay well thank you Mr. Laz and all of my fellow pupils for a great year! Enjoy the summer!

1 comment:

L Lazarow said...

Hey, it's Erin.

Oh yeah! The arguments were great. Everyone brought up different points and had a unique point of view. I especially liked ones that were (I guess) policy-related or applicable to real life.